Caffeine: the most potent artificial intelligence drink!

Caffeine: the most potent artificial intelligence drink!
Deep in the Lair of the Perpetually Curious Fox

Wednesday 11 January 2012

My Karma ran over your Dogma!

When I first came across this phrase many years ago, I couldn't stop laughing for several days, literally. So what does it mean, my Karma ran over my Dogma?

It is with many layers;

First layer, the vocabularic pun:

My car (ma) ran over your dog (ma)


Which implies, "Oooops, my bad, I think I just flattened your pooch!"

Second layer,


My Karma (private belief of Good and Evil) ran over your Dogma (your strict Scriptures condemning me to Hell).

Which is an aphorism for, "No matter how bad your view of me is, I believe that what I'm doing is right, so there! *flips the metaphorical bird*"

I could ramble an entire sociological thesis on this phrase, but I will not. Just spare a moment to think of the phrase and see the beauty in it.

Don't let someone else's Dogma chase and pee on your Karma and life will be much more simpler, and you'll be much happier.

I have spoken.

If you're still reading and wanting some more philosophical funnies, here's another one to think of:

"I am a Dyslexic, Agnostic, Insomniac ... I stay up all night wondering if there's a Dog"


Thank you Classic FM for this gem that made me cackle like a loon at 3 am while nursing my insomnia.

No comments:

Post a Comment