Caffeine: the most potent artificial intelligence drink!

Caffeine: the most potent artificial intelligence drink!
Deep in the Lair of the Perpetually Curious Fox

Thursday 30 June 2011

Lithops optica var rubra and Evil Plot update

I got the biggest surprise last night when I was inspecting the lithops nursery. There's a couple of Lithops optica rubra (I must learnt the flipping Cole numbering system!) poking out to meet the sunlight!

Here's the teeny lil ones. I name them Smeagol and Gollum -- they're the small pink-ish blobs in the middle of the photos.

Gollum

 
Smeagol
A little bit of update on the Evil Plot. Bill and Ted looks really nice and healthy - I should transplant them into bigger pots today:
Bill and Ted, about a month old now. They're speeding up growth!
Peter the Black Oil sunflower will also need to be planted in the ground soon! Otherwise it will be stunted .... maybe I can dwarfivy it?

Peter is now twice in height to when I first potted him. 

Triffids are starting to show inflorescence development! I'm starting to think that it's probably a poppy?


Unidentified Triffid with budding flower
The Hummingbird Sage is also inflorescing! To be honest, I'm actually not too sure it's S. coccinea now... the leaves looked wrong ... but the inflorescence looks salvia-ish

Only about 1 cm across ....


The Radish is getting ready to bloom ...
I wonder if it'll look cauliflower-ish? Had some radish leaves with noodles the other day. YUM
The healthiest growers of the potted clan so far is the Amaranth! Might have to separate them out, or at least repot them.


Larry, Curly and Moe are doing well. Moe is a bit slow in catching up with his older cousins
They're about 15 cm tall now. Larry and Curly are competing. Moe is runt-ish
The basil I transplanted into the ground seems to take off too! Won't be long before I can have my own homemade pesto!

My little rainbow pepper is thriving in the hot sun

Some of the leaves looked really gnarly ... not enough nutrients?

No comments:

Post a Comment